By Yiorgos Milios
Water-colour on paper, 66Χ51 cm.
Inv. No.: P-25
Born in Athens, Yiorgos
painting and etching at the School of Fine Arts
(1955-1961) with Yannis
Moralis, Yannis Kefallinos, Efthimios
Papadimitriou and Constantine Grammatopoulos. With the help
state scholarship, he continued (since 1964) his studies in etching. Another state and a French
government scholarships, helped him attend lessons on lithography (1965),
mosaic (1967) and sociology at the École Nationale
des Beaux Arts in Paris.
he studied etching at the École Boule, in
that same city.
He had his first one-man
exhibition in Athens (1975). However, he had already
in group shows since 1965. Other solo and group exhibitions
followed in Greece and abroad, including the Biennales of Sao Paulo and
Baden-Baden. He was curator (1979)
and lector (1985) for painting at the School of Fine Arts, Athens. In 1988 he was elected professor
at the School of Fine
Arts of the University of Thessaloniki and later on (1996) professor
for etching at the School of Fine Arts in Athens. He has also
worked at the Byzantine Museum as restorer. Starting from an
evolved surrealism, his work moves in the field of abstract
expressionism. He lives and works in Athens.
Reflections upon Greek Contemporary Painting, The Cangelaris