Cangelaris residence at
Psychico is one of the most ancient private houses in this beautiful
suburb of Athens, which as a garden city, constitutes one of the first
(1923) suburbs of the Greek capital that ever presented an organized
build in 1926 by Georgia
P. Naoum (on land purchased in 1924), to be inherited (1965) by her
husband Christos A. Thalassinos (President of the Community of Psychico
during the years 1935-1939, 1959-1962 and 1968-1970) and their sons Argyrios and
painter Peris Thalassinos). Following the demise of their
(1973), the house was inherited by them.
purchased it from the aforementioned heirs (in 1979) and had it
thoroughly restored in
1980. With personal care he had its interior walls
decorated in French style (plasters of Paris in Louis XV and XVI
he had it renovated as well.
The house is furnished with antique
rugs and pieces of European and Asian art, reflecting the owner's and
his family's cultural patrimony and course in history.
Because of its special architectural
it has been listed (since 2000) as a classified building.